Contact the Alien Home
contact me

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Atticus and EricFinal FantasyOk, so I'm not actually posting this on Saturday night (like the markings say) I just wanted to break up a weekend of total rocking into sizable chunks.

It all started earlier in the week when Brian and Jasmine invited me to fun fun fun fest at Waterloo Park. I called Cory to see if he wanted to go and he was in so I bought two tickets for today (Saturday) and tomorrow. We met Jasmine, Brian, Atticus and Brian's cousin at the park after a lengthBriany The Swordwait in line to get our tickets from will call. Atticus was prepared with hearing protection that could cut the rock back for his tiny ears. Wish my parents had discussed protection with me before I went to three too many Lolapalozas. Well, at least I'm not as bad off as Bill's left ear. After a stay in the metal stage everything died down enough to hear Final Fantasy playing. I didn't even realize that Owen was playing this fest, so that was really cool. Owen opened up for Arcade fire for their Funeral tour and I was so impressed with a one man, one violin and a bunch of looping equipment that I bought a copy of the CD. I let my brother listen and he liked it but, had never seen Final Fantasy play live. We bounced from band to band until we ended the night at Fun Fun Fun Fest with The Sword. They rocked me so hard, I'm glad I was wearing earplugs. Once they were done, Fun Fun Fun Fest day one was over. However, the rock didn't stop that night. My cell phone reminded me that there was yet more rock to be had...

Labels: ,

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Last night we returned Trixie to Brian, Jasmine, and Atticus. Atticus was sleeping so we didn't get much time to get to know this new person but, he's tiny and cute and I'm sure we'll get more time with him once he can get mobile. Once I got back to the house, I played a round of golf, got beat in TWO tennis tournaments by Christine then got to work on the upstairs.

Since I have the texture guy lined up to come out on Friday afternoon, this afternoon I need finish all the left over details. There are a few holes that need to be repaired from where I was searching around for access into the attic above the bedroom. I ordered a 22 1/2" door on Friday last week to install, so Cory and I will need to cut out the rough opening and install it.

Once we're in the new closet space, we’ll need move the return air vent which requires a trip to the Depot. Hopefully, we can move all the tubing and wiring around enough to install a scuttle door inside the closet as well. I don't think get all everything moved around the tubing and wiring and finish out the closet before Friday but, we can tackle that some other day.

Labels: ,


Powered by Blogger Valid HTML 4.01!